Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 6, 2012

WW Calender Day 6

"Always eat breakfast. Get that metabolism going!"

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we have all heard that, but...... how many of you really eat it?

I know for me I used to NEVER eat breakfast. When I was a kid I would have cereal or something, but once I hit JR high and my mornings were a "do it yourself" kind, I never ate. I make sure my kids eat, but up in till a few months ago I was still having a hard time eating in the morning. I'm not a big breakfast person anyways (unless someone else is making it for me hehe). So now even if I'm not in the mood, I still have my coffee and a piece of fruit. At least its something and I'm getting my metabolism going and ready for the day.

Now that I started my half marathon training, all the articles I have read about proper training stress how a good breakfast is key to a long run. My body is going to need fuel to burn, but its going to need the right fuel. So today I had a good breakfast and I feel good already about it. I had a WW smart one. It was Waffles (wheat) with turkey sausage, and I had about  6 big strawberry's with it.

 It filled me up, I got a fruit serving in, and the waffles are a good complex carb which is what you need for running (and yes I had my coffee too, I'm a big coffee person and need that good wake up in the AM). The other thing to remember is your tummy needs time to digest it all too. So I'm passing the time blogging to let my body do its thing before I jump on the treadmill for 30 min.

I think the main thing I need to remember (ok we all need to remember) is that we need to eat to lose weight / keep the weight off. If we are skipping breakfast our metabolism cant start and that's what really helps us lose weight. So for the sake of reaching my goal, I think I can eat breakfast every morning.

So what did you eat for breakfast?

(this was so not a plug for smart ones, but it really was what I had. I'll buy smart ones every now and then when I know I wont have much time to cook, or that I know me so well and that I'm really lazy in the morning :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment