Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 13, 2012

WW Calender day 13

"If you ever need a helping hand, its at the end of your arm.....and remember you have another hand: the first is to help yourself, the second is to help other." Audrey Hepburn

I love this quote, it can speak volumes, especially about weight loss. For me my weight got out of control because I was using both hands to take care of everyone else. Once I really learned that I couldn't help others if I didn't take care of myself, I backed off of alot of things. And you know what I'm much happier then I used to be :)

I put me and the things I need to do first all the time now. My food and having what I need to stay OP, are things I always make sure I have on hand. Simply because if I don't I know I will just eat what ever in the house, go off track, then the guilt and depression will start because I'm then so far off track. Once that feeling sets in I don't want to do much cause I just plain feel like crap by that point. How can I put on a happy face for my kids and Mick? How can I enjoy doing anything with them (or anyone else) when I'm so distracted by the fact I feel like I failed?

I HATE!!!! I know its a strong word to use but its true I HATE feeling that way. I don't want to miss out on things because I feel crappy. So I come first and I do what I need to do, because if I don't I cant enjoy, let alone help anyone else.

This was a hard lesson to learn and it has taken me years to get to this point, but really its ok to say no to things, its ok to not give your time, its ok to put what you want first. Its OK, it really is. I really feel I'm a better mom, wife, and friend because of it. Now when I do something for someone else I give my whole heart to it because I feel good and want to really help or spend the time being with them.

You really do have to take care of yourself before you can help anyone else, Its a tough lesson to learn but once you get it.....You got it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment