Blogger Layouts

Saturday, March 17, 2012

You can really do it if you push it!

Today was one of many long run days to com in this half marathon training I'm doing. Today me and Star had to get 4 miles done. We don't have to run them all but we did want to run most. So at 9:30am we started our run, after a good light breakfast and a pack of Gu. We started out with a awesome attitude of getting this done and doing it smart so we didn't kill ourselves hehe. We ran (and talked, surprisingly) the whole way to the 2 mile mark. I could feel I was faster it was really cool. Then we walked 1/2 mile, during which we had some water a few pretzels (for the salt) and cooled down a bit. Then we ran the last 1.5 miles. All in all we ran a full 3.5 miles and walked 1/2 of mile 4. IT WAS AWESOME!!!! We were both so pumped and had so much energy from doing it we walked the mile loop hehe (so technically we walked/ran 5 miles)

This was the farthest so far I have ever ran, and it felt so good. Best part I also beat my best time :D It felt so good to push myself and accomplish something. Next big run in 2 weeks at 5.5 miles :/ kinda intimidating, but I can do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment