Blogger Layouts

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Running...


SO have I told you all how much I really LOVE running. I don't think I have ever done any type of physical thing that has ever made me feel so strong. Its hard don't get me wrong I can do 3 miles but its rough, lately 2 miles has felt a bit hard. Even with that in mind its still very empowering, I have crazy stamina and it still amazes me cause not so long ago it seemed so out of reach.

As I'm typing this I'm fighting back tears, I have felt so trapped in my body (and life) for so long. Running gives me a outlet and a way to prove to myself that I'm stronger then I knew and then others give me credit for. Its a very emotional/spiritual thing for me. I love being out doors in all kinds of weather and just being in awe of all that Heavenly Father has created. I have seen some amazing beautiful things on my runs, from animals, to city views, the sky in all colors and it truly takes my breath away. Then I feel so overwhelmed with love and gratitude, I feel so grateful to be able to run and to enjoy every bit. Running in the morning really helps to define my day and attitude. Also getting back in shape physically and mentally makes me feel great, and I feel like I'm not waisting this amazing life I was given.

I started this Half Marathon training program by Jeff Galloway who is RunDisneys official trainer. I love alot of his programs, and his tips have been so helpful too. Anyways if I do the training program I'll be able to do it twice before the Tinkerbell run in Jan 2013. Saturdays are going to be my long run days and next week I have 4 miles. That will be the longest I will have ever ran, its a bit intimidating. Once the miles really start adding up I will run/walk them, but I do want to run as much as I can. I'm so excited to do this though it make the Half Marathon feel that much more really for me...... Now to just be able to pay for the whole trip and registration :/ I want this so bad I will work something out :) hehe.

Here is another little saying I found on pinterest and completely agree with.....

No comments:

Post a Comment