Blogger Layouts

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Run, run , run!!!


So as I said in a older post, I'm doing half marathon training right now. I am doing this program two times back to back. The main reason I'm doing it twice, is I have never ran long distances before. So I'm using this first time around to see how my body reacts, and to try all the little tricks and tips I'm learning to help keep my stamina going and my body from hurting along the way. So far I love GU!!! It really helps with energy, having a few pretzels along the way helps keep some salt in my system so my hands don't swell, and most of all my Nike socks and shoes are a foots dream.

So today loaded with all my "stuff" in my fanny pack, dressed light and wore my shooter sleeves to keep my arms warm, I took off for the longest run I have ever done in my life. It was windy, cold and raining pretty good. When I got out I started to talk myself out of going (I can really be my worst enemy sometimes). As I got going on my warm up walk I decided to run down the street instead of going to the trail (cause it was really windy) and on the street it didn't seem to bad. So I started my run and just kept pushing telling my self to not stop. Once I finally felt like I couldn't keep my legs going, I started walking. To my surprise I had ran 3 miles with out stopping!! During my 1/2 mile walk I ate a few pretzels, had my second GU pack and a small bit of water. I felt GREAT!!! then I happily ran my last two miles for a total of 5.5 miles!!! My legs felt like jello and once I sat my body began to tighten up. I was soaking wet and started to get really cold. The drive home was not easy.

Once I got in I jumped right in the shower to warm up then had a nice long stretch. I feel so good right now, and so amazing that I ran 5 and 1/2 miles, I didn't let anything (even myself) stop me and I couldn't be more proud. I love running! and after today the Tinkerbell Half marathon doesn't seem like such a unreachable goal :).

No comments:

Post a Comment