Blogger Layouts

Monday, October 3, 2011

What I have learned.......so far

I'm now 3 weeks in to my Weight Watcher journey and so far so GOOD!! At my last weight in (fri 9/30) I lost 3LBS!!! A total of 8.4lbs lost so far, like I said so far so GOOD!! I have also learned a few things...

1) Its not failure its feedback. How many of you have heard that saying? If you haven't let me be the first to say it to you. Nothing you do in life is ever a failure, there is always something to learn from mistakes, sometimes they are not clear lessons but if we take the time to reflect and try to find where we went wrong we can always figure out how to improve for the next go around.

2) Just because you slipped up for a min, day, week, month or years doesn't mean that you cant change it today, right now!! Don't make a "start date" because you will always find a reason to NOT start! When you decide to change a behavior, waiting till its easy or convenient is just plane stupid (I say that with love and a lot of experience). If you are thinking about changing something then do it, right that min, make the decision to change and do it don't wait!! Only good things can come from trying, its when you do nothing that you get nothing.

3) I think this is the best advice I can give someone on their weight loss journey (or to anyone for that matter about anything really). Just because your doing everything right and your trying your hardest, and working you butt off to see that scale go down, doesn't mean it will when you want it too. Sometime things just don't work out how you want them too, and honestly its not your time line to decide when and where you will get things...... BUT they will come, that scale will go down as long as you keep going. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!

As for me I'm doing pretty good, could I do better? Sure.
Am I trying? You bet.
Have I slipped up in the last 3 weeks? O yes! there are a few things I shouldn't have done (OK shouldn't have eatin) but I did. I learned from it, and I moved on and have kept going. Here is hoping my work will pay off with a 1.6lbs lost on fri. Why such a specific number you ask....... That will make my first 10 LBS mark!! a place I would love to be :)

On thur I'm heading to the Doc. Don't worry nothing is wrong I'm just going for a physical and some blood work to check my cholesterol and all that, just to make sure I'm a ok. When was the last time you saw your Doc for one? When was last time you saw your Doc with out being sick? Do you know if your blood pressure is good? Is you good and bad cholesterol in the right range? If you cant answer these questions go in and find out. I know for me I haven't done any of this since Skyla was born 6 years ago, and lets face it at 30 years old that's when things start creeping up. So if you haven't go in get checked out and we can swap numbers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment