Blogger Layouts

Monday, September 12, 2011

Walking

Last night I was thinking a lot about being more active. I was reading a message board post on WW about how even the littlest things count as activity just as long as your moving. The point of the post was "get off you butt and move more".

That lead me to wake up today and deciding I was going to go for a walk. I got the kids ready for school, got dressed in my workout cloths and got all ready to go right after I dropped off the kids.

There are lots of trails around my area but I had one in mind. I walked this trail years ago and knew it was a bit of a challenge, yeah if I was smart I would have thought about this more. Last time I walk this I was 50lbs lighter and had been working out every day for about 5 months. This trail kick my butt today....BUT I did it!!! and I got pics :)

The trail is 1 mile in one direction (so I walked 2 miles today, woohoo for me :) ) and is UP HILL the whole way and a very steep down hill coming back.

I got about half way when I saw this....
Yep nothing but more hill ahead of me. I felt good being able to go as far as I did that I really pushed myself to go the rest of the way. I was so happy I made that choice, see.....

Once I got to the top of that hill in the picture this is what I saw to my right....
I really love living in a city that has hidden gems like this.
This was on my left and still just as pretty. I love being able to see the city and ocean (it was really foggy this morning but trust me the water is there......
I made it all the way to the top of this crazy hill, and was so happy. The rest of the walk was down hill and was much easier, but its pretty steep the whole way and it worked some muscles I forgot I had. Then there it was the best sight I had ever seen. I almost let a tear shed when I saw it........

I really did have a good time and I earned 4 activity pts today :). So what have you done today?

No comments:

Post a Comment