Blogger Layouts

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Turkey Chili

I made my first WW inspired recipe last night and it was so yummy!!! I made some turkey chili that was loaded with veggies and its definitely one of these recipes that I will be making all fall/winter long.

I used.....
2 med Zucchini
1 1/2 cups mushrooms
1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper
2 small onions
1 1/2 TBS of EVOO
1 14oz can diced tomato's
3 1/2 cups pinto beans
1 pack (1.25 lbs) 99% fat free ground turkey
1 8oz can tomato sauce (and 3 8oz cans water)
1 Box Chili mix

Put all the veggies in a pan and cook till the onions and bell peppers are nice and tender.....

When veggies are done add 1 14oz can of diced tomato's.......

In a large pot brown turkey.....
Once turkey is done follow directions on Chili mix box. Basically add all the spices except the masa flour, tomato sauce and 2 cans water. Let that cook for about 10 min, then add your cooked veggies, pinto beans, and one more 8oz can water. I also added garlic powder, chili powder, and paprika for some more flavor..............
Let it simmer for about 20 min, then enjoy. It make 12 1 cup servings and 1 cup is only 5pts. Since I had some extra points last night I topped it with some shredded cheese and light sour cream it was SO GOOD!!!
Next time I think I'm going to use some kidney beans and maybe add some green onions mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment