Blogger Layouts

Thursday, June 27, 2013

What do you do when....

You feel you have lost your motivation?
Get frustrated with your self ?
Have no desire to really push?
But still want your end goal sooooooo bad?


Go back to basics!!!!!! That's all you can do.

Since Jan I have been off, I kinda lost my motivation. Some of it was health stuff, but now I have that under control. Now its just a pure lack of motivation.

Im finding its hard to keep a positive outlook, and keep my motivation going. Its hard to lose 80 lbs and still keep the desire to keep going. Don't get me wrong I want to hit my goal weight more then anything, but I just cant seem to find that motivation I had when I started.

Losing weight is a big emotional rollercoaster. When you make the decision to really do it, and really have the drive to do it...its because your in a scary place in life. I have heared people (in my meetings and outside of them) say.....

"I want to lose weight, but nothing works"
"I tried to lose weight, but I get so frustrated, and don't see results"
" I want to, but I just don't have the time"
"I want to, but I don't want to have to make food different then what my family eats"
"Im desperate to lose weight, Im going to start a diet Monday"
" I have tried....This, that and the other thing, but nothing is working, I still give in to food"

Anything sound familiar?????????

It all sounds familiar to me, I have said all of this, But when you really hit bottom NOTHING will stop you. When you really hit bottom, you have totally had enough. Emotionally you are beat, you see all the flaws and have a desperate desire to change. The problem now is Im comfortable, Im happy where I am, Im so far from where I was. But Im still not healthy and I need to get to goal.

So now I just have to find what motivates me to get back on track. One thing that is motivating.....I want to be at goal for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in Jan. The other thing, I feel like I'm losing muscle, Im not as toned as I was. I want that back!!!

Starting isnt easy, keeping motivated is even harder, but in the end its always worth it, because quiting is NEVER a option!

No comments:

Post a Comment