Blogger Layouts

Monday, August 20, 2012

Running

I'M so excited right now....and sweaty really sweaty, but so excited. Now that I have a treadmill in my house I really want to use it as much as possible and I do have to admit not having to run in the sun and hot weather is such a nice perk of owing one.

I also want to challenge myself. I have always (since I began running) worried about my time for some reason. Now that the Tinkerbell half is only 4 month out and my training for it starts in 2 week have really been worried about my time. You have to have a pace of 16 min a mile. I can do that I know I can. Right now I feel I can easily run a mile in 11-12 min, and keep that pace for a long time, but I still want to be faster. I know that's kinda crazy but the idea of being able to run one whole mile in 10min has always seemed so out of reach and for some reason I want it.

Till today :),  I ran a whole mile in 9 min and 59 sec!!! I was going 6 miles per hour and OMG was it a work out, after that I slowed down to 5.5 miles per hour for another mile but man it felt good to finally run that fast and not be completely done. I still went for a whole nother mile it was so cool! SO it took me 21 min to run 2 miles today and I feel so good right now.

Now I'm going to drink some nice cold ice water and take a shower cause I feel so sweaty its kinda gross :)

On another off topic note, Skyla had her last show for Wiz of OZ and next moth her and I are auditiong for A Christmas Carol, I used to love doing plays in high school and have really missed it. Doing this one with Sky would be so fun, so wish us luck and I will let you know what happends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment