Blogger Layouts

Monday, January 14, 2013

Butterfly's

I like butterfly's, who doesn't right. They are pretty and delicate and some are just amazing!

The butterfly's I don't like are the ones that like to hit your stomach and make you feel kinda sick (haha now your realizing I wasn't talking about the bug but nerves :)) The Tinkerbell Half Marathon is on Sunday the 20th, that's just 6 days away. We leave for Disneyland in just 3days, so the OCD part of packing and getting the house ready for us to leave has all ready kick in hehe. With the run my packing list is a bit bigger then normal, and I'm freaking out that I might forget something I need for my run. The closer it gets the more butterfly's seem to take up residence in my stomach. I feel physically prepared for the run, I know I can do this, I have ran 13.1 miles just a week and half ago, so I know I can do it again. I feel strong and confident that I have the ability, I am mentally prepared to do this. SO why so nerves? maybe its just because its my first run and I just don't know what to expect.

Trust me I have read all the material on the website and all the instructions a thousand times (and hundreds of blogs of peoples experiences and tips), but until I'm actually there and running I really have no idea what its going to be like and that makes me a bit nerves. Excited nerves I should say. I know on race day the adrenalin is going to be pumping and it will be an absolute blast, and for goodness sakes I will be in DISNEYLAND!!! So its a win win, I just wish I didn't feel so nerves.

I did get to hold the Tinkerbell HM medal from last year on Sat :) talk about a motivator, actually holding the medal I'm going to get...yeah that gave me some serious motivation. Saturday was an awesome day. So WW did this "One Amazing Day" event on Sat. Each center had speakers telling their stories, food, prizes, and just alot of love and support jammed in to these rooms. I got to hear some success stories that had me crying like a baby and some that were just uplifting. It was really neat cause I was at a center that I don't attend, My leader Joanne is a leader at my center and then another one in Alameda. On Friday at my WI she asked me if I would go to the Alameda center and share my story. I very happily excepted, even though I'm not at goal weight it was still neat to share my story and to really look at myself and see how far I have really come. The whole group was amazing to talk to and they all had questions so it was a nice reminder to myself of why I do what I'm doing, and why I cant stop.

So back to the medal, one of the leaders that was running the event ran the Tinkerbell HM last year and she brought her medal. So during my talk one of the question I got asked was, What has been my One amazing day so far in my journey. My answer was that "I have had a few amazing days but This sunday I will be running my first Half marathon ever in my life. I have been training for over a year for this and Sunday will be my amazing in disneyland at the tinkerbell HM. I cant wait to hold my tinkerbell metal!" Wile I was talk the leader grabbed her medal out of her bag and was holding it up behind me. I had no idea she was there. When I finished she said "O you mean this one?" I turned and freaked out hehe. I started to cry, I didn't realize how HUGE that thing is and how pretty, and holding it just made the want for my own so strong. Like I said it was a VERY motivating day! The leader gave me a hug and after we talked and I found out she is running with her daughter again this year and we are both in the same corral, so now I have a buddy to meet up with :)

I CAT WAIT TO RUN!!!!!

I'M so excited, nerves, happy, scared, over whelmed, ecstatic, and and...... READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment